Show after show and party after party, don’t burn out before NYFW ends!
Stop by Zappos.com’s Recharge Station at Lincoln Center on September 6th from 10-7pm and September 7th from 2-7pm to get that zap you need to finish out fashion week with a bang! Don’t forget to RSVP here.
You can also check out some of my favorite items from Zappos.com below!
Did your invitation get lost in the mail again this season? Well I’ve got your back! These events aren’t super exclusive, but they will be filled with many different people in the industry like bloggers, editors, makeup artists and manicurists. Wait, it doesn’t stop there! You could score some cool prizes, get a makeover, and even grab a bite to eat for FREE!
You can thank me later, Enjoy!
- What: Barbie Fashion Lounge
- When: Friday September 5th- 11am-4pm and Saturday September 6th- 11am-6pm
- Where: 14th Street and 9th Avenue, North Plaza ~ Meatpacking District
- Freebies: Wifi, Charging Stations and Drinks
- What: Refinery 29 Country Club
- When: Friday September 5th- 2-10pm and Saturday September 6th- 11am-7pm
- Where: 82 Mercer Street ~ New York, NY 10012
- Freebies: Miniature golf, Food and Drinks
- What: Nylon Magazine NYFW High-Speed Blogger Retreat
- When: September 4th and 5th- 12-6pm
- Where:18 9th Avenue ~ Gansevoort Meatpacking
- Freebies: Gifts, Giveaways, Food, Drinks, Hair & Makeup Stations, and Massages
- What: Glamour Magazine’s Glam Street
- When: September 5th-7th 12-7pm
- Where: 410 West 16th Street ~ Chelsea Market
- Freebies: Makeup Applications, Skincare Treatments, Hair Styling and more!
- What: Twelv Magazine Fashion Week Party (*RSVP here*)
- When: Monday September 8th, 9-3am (Vodka Bar 9-10pm)
- Where: Guilded Lily ~ 408 W15th Street
- What: City Mani
- Where/When: TRIUMPH HOTELS: The Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca on (Friday, September 5th) The Washington Jefferson Hotel on (Monday, September 8th) and The Gershwin Hotel on (Tuesday, September 9th) between 10am and 2pm
- Freebies: Manicures with Pretty Please polish
- What: Birchbox NYFW Events
- When/Where + Freebies:
- W3LL People: Thursday, September 4th, 1pm – 7:30pm
Touch up your makeup with one of our favorite all-natural brands.
- amika: Friday, September 5th, 4pm – 8pm
Get glam braids and buns courtesy of the high-performance haircare line.
- Temptu: Saturday, September 6th, 12pm – 7:30pm
Polish off your makeup look with the masters of airbrushing.
- Sarah Potempa: Sunday, September 7th, 12pm – 7:30pm
Get celebrity waves with the Sarah Potempa Beach Waver.
- Laura Geller + Fekkai: Tuesday, September 9th, 4pm – 8pm
Make up touch ups with Laura Geller and runway inspired styles by Fekkai.
- Toni & Guy: Wednesday, September 10th, 4pm – 8pm
Get hair touch ups from the on-trend, runway-inspired line.
- MAKE: Thursday, September 11th, 4pm – 8pm
Enjoy touch ups by well-known makeup artists Rafael Pita.
- What: MM. LaFleur Donut Week
- When/Where: 8-11am ~ (Monday, 9/8) Flatiron: 23rd Street & Park Avenue South (Tuesday, 9/9) Financial District: Water & Wall Streets
(Wednesday, 9/10) Midtown East: Lexington & 53rd Street
(Thursday, 9/11) Midtown West: Broadway between 50th & 51st Streets
(Friday, 9/12) NoHo: Broadway between Bleecker & Houston
- Freebies: DONUTS!
As big as my bags usually are I’m never really equipped enough for a fashion emergency. There are tons of pre-made fashion emergency kits I could get my hands on to just throw in my bag, but I figured why not make it a bit more personal. The thing about buying the “Minimergency” kits vs doing it yourself is that you can pick and choose what’s important or not to have in your your bag. So what I did for you is create a list of things you could possibly toss in your personalized “Minimergency” kit.
First things first is to purchase a cute little makeup bag to store all your goodies.
Now here’s a list of things of items I think would be essential to every fashion emergency kit, but like I mentioned before you know what’s best for you to carry around.
- Folding brush/comb
- Compact mirror
- Hair spray
- Dry shampoo
- Hair ties/scrunchies
- Bobby pins
- Earring backs
- Hand lotion/cream
- Nail clipper
- Nail file
- Nail polish remover pads
- Clear nail polish
- Mending kit
- Safety pins
- Double sided tape
- Lint remover
- Static remover
- Breather freshener/gum
- Lip balm
- Dental floss
- Pain reliever
- Deodorant towelettes
- Blotting tissues
- Blister balm
- Foot petals
- Roll-on perfume
- Cheek/lip stain
Did I forget anything? If so please leave a comment below!
SHOP THE STORY
How did fake socialite come about?
Fake Socialite is a term that a good friend of mine and I came up with a few years back, when we first entered what’s known in New York as “The Scene”. I started the brand officially in the Summer of 2013. Long story short, last summer I realized how many people I was inspiring without even knowing it.
What is a fake socialite?
In our generation it’s easy to be considered famous or popular in a short amount of time. Even though it’s a great feeling to be loved and admired, not everyone that I have come encountered with has taking the humility pill. These people are known as Fake Socialites BUT, this term is universal and goes beyond New York City. No matter where you live you know someone who you would consider a fake socialite.
What message are you trying to send to people through your line?
The message that I’am trying to send to people through Fake Socialite NYC is is that the term “Fake Socialite” is not a negative term but more as a reminder to people to remain humble and use their voice for good. It’s important that people know they should use they’re pedestal of popularity as a platform to encourage and inspire people. People need to know that they’re presence is more valued than you know.
Anyone you would like to collaborate with?
There are so many people I would love to collaborate with but, i’m also very aware that because FSNYC is a new brand, it’s important that I make sure the identity is fully developed and noticed. Too many people collaborate before they’ve even set a tone for themselves.
What can we expect from Fake Socialite in 2014?
In 2014 you can expect more great apparel, more great visuals and I just hope to continue inspiring people.
For more information on Fake Socialite or how to purchase please click here.
Singer-songwriter Kelis is turning up the heat in the kitchen. On her new television series titled ‘Sweet and Saucy’ that aired on The Cooking Channel on February 26th. In the first episode Kelis is working on developing a marketing strategy for her new album titled “Food”. Then it goes on to show her shopping at a local market later that day to grab a few items for a dinner she was preparing for her friends. Some of the dishes featured include jerk ribs, farro salad, and apple buckle. No word yet on when the second episode will air, but I’m loving this chef side of Kelis’ career just as much as her music side.
Below are pictures of the mouthwatering dishes that were prepared in the first episode. Head over to the recipes section to whip these tasty dishes up yourself. Also if you’re intrested in watching the first episode of ‘Sweet and Saucy’ click here.