Yield: 4 shots
- 4 marshmallows, regular size
- 2 ounces any flavor liqueur
- 2 forks
- electric burner (or gas fireplace/burner)
- Turn on your electric burner to red-hot high.
- Stick a fork in a marshmallow, being careful not to pierce the bottom.
- Hold the marshmallow side 2-3 inches over the burner. When it begins to smoke and brown, turn it again. Brown all sides of the marshmallow evenly, excluding the top where the fork is. Use the second fork to hold the marshmallow on while browning the bottom.
- Slide the marshmallow off the fork onto a plate and allow to cool completely. The inside will implode naturally.
- Pour liqueur into the cooled marshmallow and shoot immediately. If you wait too long, it will soak through the marshmallow.
- Eat the marshmallow!
Recipe and images courtesy of The Watering Mouth