Prep Time: 30mins
Cook Time: 3hrs
Total time: 3hrs 30mins
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic
- 1 to 2 Scotch bonnet or habanero peppers, seeded or whole
- 1 bunch scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- Coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sprinkle smoked paprika
- Four 8-to 10-ounce racks of ribs
For the sauce: Combine the oil, molasses, soy sauce, allspice, garlic, Scotch bonnet pepper, scallions, thyme and some black pepper in a blender and blend. Transfer to a saucepan and cook until the sauce changes color, 10 to 15 minutes.
For the ribs: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a bowl, combine the sugar, caraway seeds, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. Coat the ribs evenly on both sides and reserve any remaining rub. Sprinkle the ribs with paprika. Place the ribs in a hotel pan or deep baking dish. Cover tightly with foil. Bake covered completely, about 2 hours 30 minutes. Check the ribs for doneness throughout; when the meat separates from the bone, the ribs are done. Coat the ribs evenly with the jerk sauce and cook, covered, for an additional 15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Kelis and The Cooking Channel
The Italians were “lashing” out during Milan Fashion Week with beauty looks heavily focused on the eyes. I’m a sucker for a sixties makeup look so it came as no surprise that Pat McGrath caught my eye with her rendition of a sixties eye over at Gucci for their Fall ’14 show.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer,$20.
- MAC EyeShadow in White Frost,$15.
- Urban Decay Naked2 Palette,$52.
- Kevyn Aucoin Precision Liquid Liner,$34.
- Estēe Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Eye Pencil in Onyx,$22.
- Eylure Upper and Lower Lash Set – Choppy,$11.
- Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler,$21.
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Vanilla,$28.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray ,$30.
Here’s What You Do:
- Prep the eyes with primer to achieve a longer lasting look
- Brush the off-white shadow over the eyes
- Sweep the gray-brown shade along the crease, dragging it past the outer corner
- Define the upper and lower lash lines with a combination of the black liquid + pencil liner
- Trace the waterline with the beige shadow stick to open up the eyes
- Brush mascara onto the lashes
- Apply falsies to the top and bottom lashes
- Add a little more liner to conceal lash bands
- Curl the lashes
- Complete the look with a spritz of setting spray to hold your makeup in place all day long
The orange lip is one of the most talked about beauty trends of the season. It has been up and down runways and featured in many magazines on women of all skin tones and still manages to look amazing! Which is all the more reason why orange happens to be the new the red of the season.
Why you ask? Because it’s new, fresh, and unmistakably BOLD! With that being said I know just like finding the perfect red can be a bit challenging and even scary, but after watching the video featuring one of the Nars leading stylist, Uzo you will be able to wear an orange lip with you head held high all season long.
SHOP THE STORY