After about a few hours after watching the keynote and complaining about what the new iPhone looked like I was ready to purchase. I think that’s kind of how my fellow Apple cult members cope with a new release too.
I pre-ordered my iPhone 6 online a few days before the release and the estimated delivery was October 7th. I was content waiting until the night before the phone released. I was up all nigh trying to decided if I should wait in line for it or not.
::: DISCLAIMER: I’ve never stood in line for anything in my entire life until last week. :::
So many thoughts were going through my head about waiting on line for this phone overnight. Where I live I didn’t have much to be worried about, but you never know. So, I decided I wouldn’t wait in line for the phone and I fell asleep. Around 8am the morning of the release I sprung out of bed and decided I was determined to get my phone that day.
I got to my local Verizon wireless store around 9am to find less than 10 people outside in a single file line. I was handed a paper to select which phone I wanted, which color and which storage option. Up to this point I still wasn’t sure which one I really wanted. If you haven’t figured this out by now then I’m just going to let you know how indecisive I can be about everything!
Anyway, about an hour and a half later I was in the store ready to purchase my phone. What I forgot to mention was by the time I reached the front of the line I realized my last backup on iCloud was from 2013, the Verizon location I was at didn’t get any of the 6 Plus models and they only had silver and gold 64gb iPhone 6’s left. So, the decision was made for me.
Choosing the color was actually a no brainer, because the silver just seemed so bland. Another side note I never had a white iPhone before and I swore I would never get one, but NEVER SAY NEVER!
Now, I’m in the store getting ready to purchase and there were some technical difficulties canceling that pre-order I mention much earlier. The good thing is we got that all figured out and I was able to get in and out with my phone by 12pm. The only part that really sucked was that the guy at Verizon didn’t switch all of my content over from my 5S.
:::: INSERTS KIM K CRYING FACE ::::
I was upset at first, but I remembered something my mom always says “If you haven’t used it in a year it’s trash.” Which was true regarding the things I remember missing from my phone.
Now, that you’re all caught up on my iPhone 6 extravaganza I figured it would be a good idea to give you my review of the phone in my thoughts and experiences over my first full week of use.
- Wow, this thing is HUGE!
- Where’s the lock screen button? Oh! there it is.
- Wait. There’s a selfie timer?!
- I wonder if I can still text with one hand while holding onto the subway pole.
- They say people with white iPhone’s have more fun….We’ll see about that!
- Where did you get your phone case?
- “What’s new on the phone?” I mean….. it’s bigger.
- I guess we’re sticking to that crappy lighting cable for another year huh?
- “OMG is that the 6 or the 6 Plus?” The 6.
- Can I have my phone back? Thanks.
- Why can’t I delete the U2 album? Biggest joke of 2014 or nah?
- The front facing camera is AMAZING! #Selfie
- Trying to find a reason to use the new reachability feature.
- Why aren’t Moschino phone cases available for the iPhone 6?
- Siri, what song is this?
- The phone actually isn’t that big.
- Maybe I should’ve gone for the 6Plus. Is it too late to change?
- My battery life is still above 80% at 6pm. Even after my social media rounds every hour on the hour since about 9am.
- iPhone’s bending? SUCK IT HATERS!
- Bugs in the software update? Typical.
To be honest with you I can’t stay off of this phone!